My first day of school happened to be Dane's birthday, so I haven't had a chance to get caught up on what his day looked like. (After such a nice summer with the boys, I'm having to remember how to be a mom and work at the same time! I think I'm finally getting into the groove though. :) )
Sadly, both Dan and I had to work on Dane's birthday, but we tried to make it as special as possible nonetheless.
We started the day with these....
You may remember that for Jaeger's birthday Daddy put my sad pancakes with the number 2 written in them with blueberries to shame with his awesome fire truck he artistically made for Dane. And since our resident pancake maker was working I knew I had to step up my game as I was pretty sure our little firefighter wasn't going to be happy with the number 4 written out on his pancake. As I was contemplating how in the world I was going to make a fire truck pancake for Dane I saw this plastic squeeze bottle sitting on my dish drying rack and I remembered that my friend, Erin, had mentioned the idea of using a diner style squeeze ketchup bottle to make fancy pancakes. Ding ding ding!!! The squeeze bottle worked great - if you're artistically challenged like me, give it a try. You'll be sporting fancy schmancy pancakes in no time!
Here are a few photos of Dane opening his gifts.
A fire truck shirt from Jaeger.
Some awesome fire stickers from Grandma Heidi & Grandpa Mike. And you'll see his awesome fire fighter outfit from Grandma and Grandpa in later pictures! You can also see his new Playmobil firefighter set from Mommy & Daddy sitting on the counter.
Later that evening, we ate Dane's requested birthday meal of yogurt, granola and craisins. And then we got to the good stuff - his cake! (Which was actually his first requested dinner. And when I told him that we were already planning on having cake and asked him again what he'd like to eat for dinner, he said cookies!)
Probably shouldn't have given this guy a tire to eat!
Our little firefighter blowing out his candles!
All in all, I think Dane had a great birthday filled with everything fire!
Stay tuned for another post about Dane's second birthday celebration.
1 comment:
You know how to make birthdays so special. I love your pancake and the great cake. Good job Paula
Post a Comment