and I'm absolutely loving it. Admittedly, sometimes poor Jaeger Ray plays second fiddle to his more vocal brother so it's so nice being able to spend time with just him.
So far we've spent a lot of time outside as he is definitely our outdoors man. One morning we went to the glacier to throw rocks and look who walked right in front of us!
When I taught 3rd grade in California, one of my all time favorite students was named Simon. He was such an amazing kid. And his mom was even more amazing! She made it a priority to take each of her kids (she has 3) out of school once a year to have a date with just them. The year I taught Simon, she took him out of school for a few hours to take him to lunch. I thought that was such a wonderful idea and one that I'm sure Simon will remember and look fondly on for his entire life. Since that time, I've always thought once I have children I'm definitely going to take my kids out one on one to make some special memories. And I'm looking forward to making lots more memories with just my sweet Jaeger Ray.
(And, of course, with my sweet Firefighter Paul - aka Dane.)
No comments:
Post a Comment